YouTube is a free platform that enables users to upload and share their videos. Nonetheless, you can do numerous tutorials on YouTube – a move that has helped many organizations to scale the heights during the COVID-19 pandemic. But not all videos need to be in the same position that they were captured in. You can rotate YouTube video that you captured vertically to any other direction like horizontally, left, right, or to a certain degree.
Here’s the best part! The YouTube video editor was introduced in September 2011. You can use it on your Mac, iPhone, and Windows OS devices. Just like YouTube’s streaming free service has a few limitations like regular adverts, you may experience a few hiccups with YouTube editor. Otherwise, you’ll manage to pull through any basic edits with this tool and produce a professional-looking video. And that’s going to be our first tutorial.
- Part 1. Use AceMovi to Rotate YouTube Videos before Uploading
- Part 2. How to Use YouTube’s Built-in Video Editor to Rotate YouTube Videos After Uploading
- Part 3. Other Easy Tools to Help Users Rotate YouTube Videos Online and on iPhone
- Part 4. Final Words
Part 1. Use TunesKit AceMovi to Rotate YouTube Videos before Uploading
TunesKit AceMovi is a video editor that comes with advanced features to help you add amazing effects to your videos such as text, animation, filters, among others. It works perfectly on both Mac and Windows operating systems. The best part is that you don’t have to be a pro. Any beginner can make stunning videos with this app. It also supports many popular video formats like M4V, MOV, MKV, MPG, OGV, and other devices like iPhone, Apple TV, Huawei, Xbox, and many more.
- Basic and advanced features that make your video better
- Multiple filters, transitions, text, sound effects, music
- User-friendly interface
- Import as many photos or footage as you want
- Rotate YouTube video in just a few steps
Here is a step-by-step guide to rotating YouTube video before uploading with the best tool – TunesKit AceMovi. Before editing, head to the TunesKit website, download and install the app for a free trial. However, if it’s already installed on your computer then just launch it. Next, start the video recording process.
Add Media Files to TuneKit AceMovi
Open TunesKit AceMovi on your computer, then import your photos, video clips or other media files to the media box. You can click on the import button to upload or directly drag and drop the media files into the box.
Add Your Video to the Timeline
Click the ‘Import’ option to get your videos from your computer. Then add them to the timeline. Do this by dragging and dropping media clips to the timeline. You can also add effects to the video.
Rotate Your Video
Click on the video track on the timeline, then go to the upper-right panel. Under the Video tab, you can find the rotate option. Drag the slider to rotate your video, or you can type in the angle on the right.
Preview and Export Video
You can check whether your video is fine via the ‘Preview’ feature. If so, click the ‘Export’ button to save and export it to your computer. You can set the resolution and also, select the output video format. Finally, upload your video to YouTube and other media sites.
Part 2. How to Use YouTube’s Built-in Video Editor to Rotate YouTube Videos After Uploading
1. Click on your profile picture and log in. This is at the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Then click the dropdown arrow that’s beside your profile’s thumbnail.
3. Next, click on videos from the sidebar and locate the video that you wish to rotate.
4. Check out and click the ‘Edit’ button that is found under the thumbnail of your selected video.
5. Once you are in the ‘Edit’ section, select the ‘Enhancement’ tab.
6. Finally, find the rotation arrows in the lower right part of the video preview and click them to rotate your video in any direction.
Even though you can rotate YouTube video online with the YouTube video editor, you are still bound to stumble on many pitfalls. YouTube editor is quite basic and doesn’t allow usage of further advanced functions. Likewise, you must remember to save your work and refresh the page. So, internet connection is paramount when using YouTube editor.
Part 3. Other Easy Tools to Help Users Rotate YouTube Videos Online and on iPhone
1. Rotate YouTube in iMovie
iMovie video editor is a free tool that easily helps you rotate YouTube videos. it is a macOS built-in program that helps you create videos from images. You can also add effects and other transitions.
• To rotate your video with iMovie, go to ‘Finder’ > ‘Application’ > ‘iMovie’ and then launch iMovie.
• Next, drag and drop your video to the timeline.
• Then edit the video that you’ve added to the timeline. Choose the ‘Cropping’ icon then click the ‘Rotate clockwise or counterclockwise’ option.
• Once your video has been rotated, go to the ‘File’ option > ‘Share’ > ‘YouTube’. That’s it. Your video was just shared to YouTube after rotating it.
2. Rotate YouTube Video with Wondershare Filmora
Filmora lets you rotate youtube video while watching. It is a perfect tool for both professionals and beginners. Also, its editing capability is on another level. It has Picture In Picture, Green Screen, and Audio Mixing features.
• To rotate YouTube videos, first, launch Filmora on your device.
• Then import the videos you wish to rotate.
• Double-click the imported video to the timeline.
• Once the video is in the timeline, the editing panel will be visible. Check for the ‘Rotation’ options.
• Lastly, rotate your video via the four available buttons. You can rotate in 90, 180, or 270 degrees.
• Finally, click the ‘Export’ button to export and save your video to the computer. You can now share the rotated video on YouTube.
3. Rotate YouTube Video Online Free
You can also rotate your YouTube videos without installing any app, just by going for a online video editor:
• To rotate your videos online, go to ‘y2mate’ and input the ‘YouTube’ URL of the video you want to download.
• Then go to ‘ezgif rotate video’ option and select the ‘YouTube’ video that you just downloaded to your device. Next, click the ‘Upload Video’ option.
• Lastly, you can now rotate your video to 90, 180, or 270 degrees. Remember to choose the output format for your rotated video. Then click the ‘Rotate Video’ > ‘Save’ options to rotate your video and save it to your device.
Part 4. Final Words
Most people are nowadays addicted to their smartphones. That’s why it is easy to compose videos at any event. However, it is the norm to also share your memorable moments with other friends. We have made it easy for you in this article as you now know how to rotate YouTube video on iPhone. Act like a pro and make exemplary edits like rotating video and adding other effects.